UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

run out of memory

I am using Microbalze, HDMI example with Scaler. I wrote a wrapper function that calls the Scaler functions as described in LogiCORE IP Video Processing Subsystem Product guide v2.0 page 61.

I am calling this fucntion within the main provided in the HDMI example code. From the SDK I can see the code execute, but when it gets into XProcess_SetSubsystemConfig the code seems to hang. I commented out everything right after the code seems to die, and can consistently get to that point. If I simply just add a printf or int x = 0; right after that line, the code hangs. It appears I have run out of memory.

Also I noticed that in the example VProcss example (I got that working) the cache is enabled on the MicorBlaze, where in the HDMI example the cache is not used.  The vprocss is set to 256K memory in my design. 

Do I need to enable the cache?

Do I need to allocate more memory somehow when using the HDMI with the scaler?

How do you integrate the Scaler into the HDMI?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: run out of memory

HI @danielaragona,

As already mention to @kmwilliams, please make sure you use the VPSS directly into the Block Design. Do not try to package it into a custom IP (at least for now). The VPSS is an IP which needs to be generated in the background of vivado using vivado HLS. I am not sure what would be the behaviour when it is packaged.

I do not think the cache is an issue here.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Participant kmwilliams
Participant

The scaler and the two axi conversion blocks are in the hdmi block design. They are in a hierarchy. The vprocss_2_5 driver library gets automatically added to the microblaze libsrc directory. So the it knows it knows there is a scaler in the nlock design. We need to know how/where to add the application functions described in the product guide into the hdmi application code. When do we initialize and configure the scaler?

The product guide provides know insight on how/where to add the two functions.

0 Kudos

HI @kmwilliams,

The VPSS needs to be initialized and configure when the application starts, before it gets any data.

You also need to make sure both VPSS have a valid clock when they are configured.

Are you using a Xilinx evaluation board for your testings? Maybe I can try to reproduce your issue locally

Regards

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Participant kmwilliams
Participant

I am using a KC705 along with an Inrevium HDMI board.  If you can support this please send me an ezmove and I will send an archive of my design.

Kerry

0 Kudos