Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

[runs 36-527] DCP does not exist

Jump to solution

I added a 'video frame buffer read' to my block diagram.

I generated the block diagram and saw this error related to that IP, [common 17-55] 'set_property' expects at least one object. (see attached file). I am not sure what the next step is as this IP was simply added from the IP catalog to the block diagram and wired.

<snip>

Synthesis

Out-of-Context Module Runs

config_mpsoc

config_mpsoc_v_frmbuf_rd_1_0_synth_1

[Vivado 12-818] No files matched 'c:/Users/Paul.Riley/Desktop/ZCU_104_Design/project_1/project_1.srcs/sources_1/bd/config_mpsoc/ip/config_mpsoc_v_frmbuf_rd_1_0/config_mpsoc_v_frmbuf_rd_1_0.xdc'

[Common 17-55] 'set_property' expects at least one object.

Resolution: If [get_] was used to populate the object, check to make sure this command returns at least one valid object.

[Common 17-206] Exiting Vivado at Thu Feb 13 17:13:06 2020...

<snip>

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: [runs 36-527] DCP does not exist

Jump to solution

Hello @rutabagazuma,

I hope You designed this project on windows platform. Please confirm it.

If Yes, This is something related to the path length Issue. Video frame Buffer WR/RD are HLS IP's. HLS IP's had a path length limitation while working on the windows platform.

I noticed so much hierarichy in Yor project location. So, Could You please try to maintain short name to the project and call that project, directly from the local directory Itself (Don't go for much hierarichy) as shown in the below example.

ex: C:/FBRD/FBRD.XPR

I hope it helps to you. Kindly let me know, If You feel any concerns in the above mentioned details.

With Regards,

Ashok

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @rutabagazuma 

Can you explain exactly how to recreate this issue? Since this question is on the HLS board, I am assuming that you are trying to export an IP from HLS and add it to Vivado? Or am I incorrect? 

It seems to me that you might have imported the IP incorrectly, as one of your files could not be found: 

[Vivado 12-818] No files matched 'c:/Users/Paul.Riley/Desktop/ZCU_104_Design/project_1/project_1.srcs/sources_1/bd/config_mpsoc/ip/config_mpsoc_v_frmbuf_rd_1_0/config_mpsoc_v_frmbuf_rd_1_0.xdc'

The following tutorial explains how to export IP from HLS correctly. You could start by checking that you have followed all the steps correctly: 

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Video/Video-Beginner-Series-17-Create-a-Video-Crop-IP-using-HLS-part-1/td-p/907390

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Video/Video-Beginner-Series-18-Create-a-Video-Crop-IP-using-HLS-part-2/td-p/909960

Regards, 

Aoife
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

I may have posted this to the wrong board....

I am not trying to export from HLS but am trying to use this IP in a block diagram within vivado.

I have a block diagram in vivado which incorporates 'video frame buffer read' from the IP catalog.   This IP is labeled in the block diagram with the vivado HLS token (adding to my possible confusion about where to post my issue).    This originally was a reference design for the ZCU_104 platform which I am porting to the xczu6eg device.   The design compiles for the ZCU_104 board without issue.  

when I retarget the design for the xczu6eg processor, the video frame buffer read fails with the error noted.

if I delete and then re-add the IP it still fails in the same way.

1) perhaps there is something about the video frame buffer read that is not compatible with the xczu6eg.

2) perhaps it is some other user error.

configJPG.JPG
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @rutabagazuma,

I hope You designed this project on windows platform. Please confirm it.

If Yes, This is something related to the path length Issue. Video frame Buffer WR/RD are HLS IP's. HLS IP's had a path length limitation while working on the windows platform.

I noticed so much hierarichy in Yor project location. So, Could You please try to maintain short name to the project and call that project, directly from the local directory Itself (Don't go for much hierarichy) as shown in the below example.

ex: C:/FBRD/FBRD.XPR

I hope it helps to you. Kindly let me know, If You feel any concerns in the above mentioned details.

With Regards,

Ashok

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @rutabagazuma 

I can see your confusion re the boards. Just to clarify, the HLS board is usually for users who are currently designing in HLS. I think the Video board will be a better match for this topic, so I have moved it to this board. 

I tried to run a quick example in Vivado but I seem to be getting the same errors as you. I synthesised the example targeting the ZCU104 board first, and later re-targeted the xczu6eg. 

VideoFrameBuffer3.PNG

I will need to look into this a bit further and get back to you. 

Regards, 

Aoife
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks @ashokkum !

Sorry I didn't see your comment before I replied. 

Regards, 

Aoife
0 Kudos