cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

system generator for DSP Linux support

hello, are there plans to support Linux for DSP system generator? I run all xilinx tools on Linux and also Matlab/Simulink, but what I've seen this piece of Xilinx software is still only available on Windows. Or is it possible to run this using the wine emulator? Anybody experience with this situation?

taco

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: system generator for DSP Linux support

Currently the System Generator for DSP does not support Linux, but the future looks bright. ;-)
Chris
Video Design Hub | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes, System Generator will support Red Hat Linux in the first half of calendar year 2009.  What flavor of Linux are you using?  32 or 64 bit?

Regards,

Tim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi,

That's good news. I'm using SuSE 11 64 bits, but I had to modify 9.2i Xilinx install scripts of the embedded development kit and xilinx fpga tools to force a 32 bit installation. Which Linux distribution is not very important. If it works on a modern RedHat, it will also work on SuSE, Ubuntu, Debian or whatever. A good 64 bit support is nice including a good Linux driver for the program cable because that's still not "out of the box". 

I didn't move over to 10.1 yet because all work is spartan3 related with the exception that some new DSP work is coming within a few months which needs Virtex etc. That's why I'm investigating the tools right now. I still don't have an answer if the DSP tools are working with the wine emulator. Any idea?

Taco

0 Kudos