UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

using DisplayPort RX Subsystem with zynq GTP transciver problem

Accepted Solution Solved
Visitor
Accepted Solution

using DisplayPort RX Subsystem with zynq GTP transciver problem

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am working with a custom ZYNQ board, and using DisplayPort RX Subsystem v2.1 to receive GPU DP 4K video;

However, the link training was always failed, also dp159 PLL was not locked, and the computer was locked down for a long time during training. GPU can read/write EDID/DPCD, and fpga can config dp159 thru i2c.  the dp159 (package marking is TI 77I AOGO G4)and FPGA got hot. I'm using vivaido 2017.4

Questions:

(a) As PG233 mentioned: Artix®-7 (GTPE2) (Removed in Vivado 2017.4). So consider using zynq GTP, will it be successful to use it as DP sink? Does anybody has tried GTP?

(b) The SDK software makes reference to pg233 zcu102 example , its output menu is not correct:

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions

Re: using DisplayPort RX Subsystem v2.1 with zynq XC7Z015 GTP transciver problem

Hi @ernesttse,

Xilinx does not support DP on Artix-7. You will not get better result in 2016.1 when it was part of the catalog. If you check the IP status it was not in production.

Again, you might want to discuss this with your FAE

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: using DisplayPort RX Subsystem v2.1 with zynq XC7Z015 GTP transciver problem

Hi @ernesttse,

The fact that you can add the Displayport IP from the IP catalog for a XC7Z015 is an miss in the IP. This is an Artix fabric and Xilinx does not support it anymore.

You might want to contact your FAE about this to find the best solution for you.

Florent
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor

Hi, I have changed the project under vivado2016.1, it also failed strangely. That verison of PG233 didn't say Zynq GTP not support DP. How to explane these?

Hi @ernesttse,

Xilinx does not support DP on Artix-7. You will not get better result in 2016.1 when it was part of the catalog. If you check the IP status it was not in production.

Again, you might want to discuss this with your FAE

Florent