UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar beandigital
Scholar

video phy reset

Hi

I am using the video phy with HDMI TX IP on a Kintex 7 device (GTX). I have a question regarding the reset to the GTX. I can see in the initialisation code that the reset gets set to the PLL. But it doesnt seem to be coming out of reset.I have a stable clock on the reference clock and a HDMI cable plugged in. So what will cause it to be released from reset? Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: video phy reset

Hi @beandigital,

It sounds like you may have a clocking problem. 

Can you confirm that the other clocks in your system are running/connected properly? 

• s_axi_cpu_aclk
  • s_axis_video_aclk
  • s_axis_audio_aclk (not required)
  • link_clk
  • video_clk

For your reference clock are you selecting the correct reference clock? North/South/0/1? 

Do you have any output status in the log? 

Thank you,

Sam

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub
Scholar beandigital
Scholar

Hi Sam

I am using GTREFCLK1. I see that in the PHY initialization that the clock buffer gets disabled. In then is enabled in a tx connect event. Is this when the cable is plugged in? I have a cable plugged in but I dont think that this clock is running. The actual clock is running into the FPGA, but I think that its still disabled. Thanks

0 Kudos
Scholar beandigital
Scholar

So it seems reading the manual that an interrupt is generated when the cable is plugged/unplugged. But if I have the cable connected to start with then how does the buffer get enabled? Is an interrupt still generated?
0 Kudos

Hi @beandigital,

The design should work regardless of whether you start with the cable plugged in or not. 

Can you provide any logs or information on the state of initialization? This will help us narrow down the issue faster.

If you can not provide logs, my suggestion is to put an ILA on the clock/buffer to confirm that you are correct about the clock and reset.

-Sam

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub
2018-11-29 15_35_22-xcovnc102_24 (xcovnc102_24 (samk)) - VNC Viewer.png
0 Kudos

Hi @beandigital,

Do you have any updates on this? Were @samk's replies enough for you?

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos