cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

warning messages when verifing the RTL

Jump to solution

#( W-RTL-0029): Cannot calculate a constant throughput/latency for the design because a for-loop is guarded by the if-statement 'ac_tmp_1'.

#( W-RTL-0022): Cannot register inputs and generate "push-mode" interface because the design does not have a constant throughput.

When I using the AccelDsp9.2.01.102 to run the 'verify the RTL' step,disappeared the above warning messages inTcl console.what can I do to resolve the problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: warning messages when verifing the RTL

Jump to solution

I might not understand your question, but if a design doesn't have a constant data flow (the number of clock cycles to compute an output is not constant - it depends on an input) then AccelDSP can not report the number of clocks it takes to compute each result until after Verify -rtl is completed.  In addition, the push mode interface can only be used for designs where it takes the same number of clock cycles to compute each output.  In this case the full handshake interface will be generated by AccelDSP.

Tim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: warning messages when verifing the RTL

Jump to solution

I might not understand your question, but if a design doesn't have a constant data flow (the number of clock cycles to compute an output is not constant - it depends on an input) then AccelDSP can not report the number of clocks it takes to compute each result until after Verify -rtl is completed.  In addition, the push mode interface can only be used for designs where it takes the same number of clock cycles to compute each output.  In this case the full handshake interface will be generated by AccelDSP.

Tim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos