UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

xuhdsdi_rx_example

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to have a UHD-SDI Rx up and running on Vivado 2018.1. So far I've not been successful. Therefore, I open to the community for help.

I've created a projet on the ZCU106 and implemented a UHD SDI Receiver (v2.0) along with the GT transceiver.

I've added ILA to monitor signals from the IP (lock, familly, rate, scan) and also the info from the GT (qpll lock,  Si5324_lol_db)

A VIO pilots the SI5324 LOL and the fmc_init_done.

So far, no activity on the receiver side of course. 

I'm trying to compile the software example : xuhdsdi_rx_example

But I encounter some errors.

#include "xiic.h" is not found. So the setup is incorrect in my SDK project.

Do you have any clue to make it compile? Thanks.

Sebastien

--Sebastien
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer tl_rtclancy
Observer

Re: xuhdsdi_rx_example

Jump to solution

Sebastien,

I am using the example design created by Vivado as follows:

1) add an instance of the SMPTE UHD-SDI RX SS to your project either inside or outside of the block design

2) find the ip in design source or the block design

3) right mouse click over it and you should see a menu item "Open Example Design", this is the design I started with.

Best regards,

Bob

8 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

@sebo

Hi Sebastien,

I'm wondering if example design was generated for the correct board. All the RX example design files for ZCU106 can be found under Video install path C:\Xilinx\SDK\2018.1\data\embeddedsw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\drivers\v_sdirxss_v2_0\examples\xuhdsdi_rx_example

ZCU106 doesn't need fmc card. When I'm waiting for your files, can you double check if the files used in SDK application are correct?

Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

I got the software from the path you indicated in your post.

I double checked, my SDK project uses these files.

--Sebastien
0 Kudos
Observer tl_rtclancy
Observer

Jump to solution

Sebastien,

I am speculating that xiic.h could not be found as your HW system did not contain an AXI IIC IP module so the driver files were not included when you exported the HW to the SDK.

Also it wasn't clear to me if your HW system is the example design provided by Vivado or if it is a custom design (based on the fact that xiic.h was not present I am guessing custom). And finally just as another data point I was able to get the RX SS example design to work (Vivado generated name is v_smpte_uhdsdi_rx_ss_0_ex) on a ZCU102 board using 2017.4. Based on my experience getting that running I may be able to help if you  have specific questions.

Best regards,

Bob

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply and your help!

Yes it's a custom design but not far from the orignal one.

I'm using vivado 2018.1 and plan to have it running on the ZCU106. The SMPTE receiver is now in version 2.0.

Anyway, yes I think you're right, I have no I²C link in the PL and that causes my SW compilation to fail.

But, now I have doubts. What is the design you started from to get it running?

I see no I²C link in the PL for that matter when I analyse the ZCU102 or ZCU106. In the ZCU102, did you use a FMC? which one?

Regards,

Sébastien

--Sebastien
0 Kudos
Observer tl_rtclancy
Observer

Jump to solution

Sebastien,

I am using the example design created by Vivado as follows:

1) add an instance of the SMPTE UHD-SDI RX SS to your project either inside or outside of the block design

2) find the ip in design source or the block design

3) right mouse click over it and you should see a menu item "Open Example Design", this is the design I started with.

Best regards,

Bob

Jump to solution

Hi @sebo,

I am surprise to see that iic.h is not found if you have it in the PL. Did you make sure the hdf file is correctly updated? Can you see the IP is the mss file in the hardware plafrorm?

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi @tl_rtclancy,

Thanks for your answer. It solved my problem. I was using another project where pieces where missing (I²C for one).

I was able to generate to fully test the example design on 2018.1.

I'll start from this design for my project.

Thanks to @florentw as well. ;-)

Sébastien.

--Sebastien
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @sebo,

If everything is clear for you on this, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" buton below the reply)

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos