UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor zhouzeming
Visitor

zcu 102 board hdmi sdk launch fail

According to the "Running the Example Design" process of the manual "pg235-v-hdmi-tx-ss", but after clicking "launch on hardware", an error has occurred. I really don't know how to fix it, ask for help.

ERROR : Memory write error at 0x0. Cannot read sctlr_el3. Cannot read r0. Instruction transfer timeout.

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: zcu 102 board hdmi sdk launch fail

Page 54 of PG235 states the supported boards for this example design are KC705, ZC706 and KCU105.  Please choose one of the supported boards and follow the example design again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor zhouzeming
Visitor

Oh,what? However, I did not see this example in "pg235", which only supports "KC705, ZC706 and KCU105". The first picture is a screenshot on page 60 of "pg235", which mentions support for zcu102. The second picture is a screenshot on page 65 of "pg235", which is said to also support zcu102. Now, why do you say that you do not support the zcu102 development board? I really don't understand your answer.

3.jpeg
4.jpeg
0 Kudos

Hi @zhouzeming,

The HDMI Subsystem IP has indeed an example design for ZCU102. I guess @jlarkin was looking into an old version of the document ;)

Did you try to look for similar issues on hte forums before asking your question. It seems that some other members already faced a similar issue. You might want ot check:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/sdk-execution-error-and-memory-write-error/td-p/734387

Hope that helps,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos

HI @zhouzeming,

Do you have any updates on this?

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
0 Kudos
Visitor zhouzeming
Visitor

I am so sorry, at the present, I have not solved this problem. I uninstalled VIVADO 2018.2 and now I am using 2017.4. Thank you for your help, and hope that our technical support can help me solve this problem, thank you again.
0 Kudos
Visitor zhouzeming
Visitor

Of course, I have consulted similar questions in related forums and discussed this issue with my colleagues, but I still have not solved this problem. The link you recommended does not help me solve this problem. I think this is a new technology, this is also a new board, but our official authoritative materials and tutorials are few, not suitable for learning, more suitable for the direct application of this technology.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar watari
Scholar

Hi @zhouzeming

Which CPU do you use Cortex-R5 or Cortex-A53 for example design ?

Also, how is PMU's condition ? Did PMU already control power domain ?

It seems that PMU malfunctions (wrong power domain setting) or ARM CPU still halt.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Visitor zhouzeming
Visitor

Today, I tested this example again using VIVADO 2017.4, and there were two errors in the synthesis, but I solved the problem. The strange thing is that the test passed. Although I don't know why the test passed, I think there are still some vulnerabilities in the software. Thank you for your answer, thank you.

0 Kudos

HI @zhouzeming,

As this is now solved for you, could you kindly close the topic by marking your last reply as accepted solution?

Thanks,

Florent
0 Kudos