UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor carloszg
Visitor

Asyncronous data recovery, XAPP861 in Virtex4

Dear community members,

I'm implementing the 8x oversampling plus Data Recovery Unit (DRU) recommended in XAPP861 for asynchronous serial data recovery on Virtex-4 FPGAs. I'm receivng a 8b10b encoded stream at 160Mbps through a 3m DVI cable.

In the current test project I just have the modules present in the application note example  (8x_oversample and DRU) plus a module to check the recovered data correctness. This checking module looks for a burst of three special words sent between packets. However, this module never detects more than one special word in a row which is an indicator of the incorrect data recovery.

After this experience I decided to substitute the DRU from the application note example for a custom made module that manually selects the sampling instant of the 8x oversampler based on the accumulated 8b10b decoder errors. With this technique I see how non of the 8 sampling instant provides an error free decoding.

I've carefully constrained and checked the placement of the IDELY modules and the FFs capturing the data stream that need to be close to the IDELY and everything is placed as it is indicated in the application note.

Is there anyone how has succesfully implemented asyncronous data recovery on a Virtex4 who could please give me some advices from his/her experience?

Thanks in advance fro your help.

Best regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor carloszg
Visitor

Re: Asyncronous data recovery, XAPP861 in Virtex4

Dear community members,

As time is passing and I see no replies to my message, I'll try to symplify my question in order to get at least some replies.

What do you recommend to implement an asyncronous data recovery unit on a Virtex4 given that the data rate is 160Mbps?

I would really appreciate any kind recommendation as I'm already waiting for support since one week now.

Please do not hesitate in asking any further info required to provide an adequate answer.

Best regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos
Visitor carloszg
Visitor

Re: Asyncronous data recovery, XAPP861 in Virtex4

Please does anyone have any suggestion on how to maximize my oportunities to get a reply on this forum?

Thanks,

Carlos

0 Kudos