UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor owen_chen
Visitor

Communications between V6 GTX and LVDS receiver

I use the Virtex-6 GTX to generate LVDS signal to test my LVDS receiver ability.

I use AC coupling to block the GTX DC bias and using pull-up resistors behine the AC capactor to a new DC bias and it works.

But when I sent a special LVDS pattern that including a long un-toggle DC-like signal, the AC-coupling capacitor will be charged due to the DC-like signal so that my LVDS receiver will received error signal.

The question is there any application IC or circuit able to change output common mode voltage of GTX?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: Communications between V6 GTX and LVDS receiver

this raises more questions than answers.

can you run the gtx on the virtex 6 to generate special patterns, or is encoding / stuffing always turned on ?

how do you test that your system works as you say ?

if you have series capacitors, then the effective DC levle is going to move deoendent upon the average DC of the signal,

that is one reason why things like 4:5 encoding is used, to remove the DC.

alternatives that come to mind,

you might be able to use a diff amp, which has a common mode input / output control pin,

ADI make a few , but I don't think they will make the speed you need.

you might be able to use three resistors,

pull up to a voltage, pull down to a voltage, and a voltage divider, 

if you can get the capacitance down enough,

take a look at the LVPECL to LVDS circuit here

http://www.interfacebus.com/Design_Translation.html

I must ask, just what are you trying to do, sounds facinating ..

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos