cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Does Xilinx ISE contain the IP core or primitive that can config FPGA by other CPLD or FPGA ?

Does Xilinx ISE contain the IP core or primitive that can config FPGA by other CPLD or FPGA ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Re: Does Xilinx ISE contain the IP core or primitive that can config FPGA by other CPLD or FPGA ?

The amount of bits you need to configure a small FPGA is generally speaking large compared to the dedicated RAM resource of a large FPGA, so I would be surprised if many people would decide to do such a thing.

Or are you thinking of daisy-chained configuration?

------------------------------------------
"If it don't work in simulation, it won't work on the board."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Does Xilinx ISE contain the IP core or primitive that can config FPGA by other CPLD or FPGA ?

PC sends configuration data to an FPGA though PCIE interface IP core.

And if this FPGA receives this data, it sends these data to the other FPGA after an FIFO.

I use an FPGA to config the other FPGA, so there are two FPGAs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

I don't think that any built-in cores or primitives will do everything for you. You could implement a simple slave serial controller and configure other FPGAs with that, though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

see this link it will give clear primitive detils 

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx12_4/spartan3a_hdl.pdf

Tags (1)
0 Kudos