UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie pachalcs

How to attack PHY directly and transmit Ethernet packets without passing by MAC?

Hi

In effect I have a card where there is FPGA xilinx Virtexp5 and an extern quad phy chip. I have a project in VHDL where it is necessary  to send  ethernet packets directly by attacking the phy. And I would like to know if it was possible and if I must use Gmii to communicate with FPGA.

Because in the specifications of the card, they mention all the  link chich exist betweenthe FPGA and the PHY across the MAC. But I want to forget MAC for the moment.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE                                   

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to attack PHY directly and transmit Ethernet packets without passing by MAC?

The answers that you are looking will only be found in the schematics/user guide for the board that you have and the data sheet for the Quad PHY chip that is on the board.  You will need to implement the physical interface that is defined by the hardware that you are using.
Message Edited by mcgett on 06-09-2009 07:58 AM
------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos