UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor onumata
Visitor

How to use Reset signals for Virtex-5 ROCKET-IO

Hi,

I am designing  SATA in Virtex-5 ROCKET-IO but I have some problems in Simulation.

My design lets GTP_DUAL face, and OOB controls xapp870.pdf and SATA specification to a base.

Reset signals sets it as follow.

1. GTPRESET ( H→L ) ・・・ for PowerOn

2. PLLLKDET ( L→H ) ・・・PLL locked

3. DCM locked ( for USRCLK/USRCLK2[Gen1/Gen2] )

4. DRP setting ( setting to Gen2 )

5. RXRESET/TXRESET/RXCDRRESET/RXBUFRESET deasserted (H→L)

6. RESETDONE asserted ( L→H )

7. OOB controller start

※ ALIGN_COMMA_WORD is 2.

It is as follows to be troubled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Host is AwaitAlign and Device is SendAlign, both Host and Device cannot detect ALIGNp.

Therefore, when Host transfer AwaitAlign and Device transfer SendAlign, RXRESET and RXCDRRESET assert to reset.( L→H→L )

Then Host can detect ALIGNp, but Device cannot yet detect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question-1)

Do I OK the usage of the reset by the above?

If it is wrong, I want you easily to explain it in figures.

Question-2)

Though RXDATA does not have COMMA, RXCOMMADET is detected.

Why is this?

※ RXDATA after RESETDONE asserted ( L → H )

0000(h)-...-4A00-7B4A-4ABC-7B4A-4ABC-7B4A-4ABC-69BF-00BC-0000...-6520-6565-B5AF-B5B5-.............................-75B5-A478-4ABC-7B4A-4ABC

↑             ↑

Host send ALIGNp  RXCOMMADET assert start in Device

.... : previous data repeat

Because it may not be told to be delicious in my English,

please say because I prepare for a wave screen, if necessary.

Best  Regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor onumata
Visitor

Re: How to use Reset signals for Virtex-5 ROCKET-IO

self-reply

I don't know why RXCOMMADET was detected before RXVALID was set to H.

I changed how to give reset, but the situation does not change.

I have no running out of time, so I gave it up for analysis and modified my design.

It added that both RESETDONE and RXVALID were H and improved the both controllers.

As a result, both controllers made it Ready.(Host:HR_Ready, Device:DR_Ready)

Therefore, this matter was settled by myself.

thank you.

0 Kudos