cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

IBIS model Virtex7

Dear everybody,

I have a question about the available models on the ibis file of the Virtex7. Indeed, I have not found a response on the document, thus I need help.

I would like to know what is the difference between models "SSTL18_I_S" and SST18_II_S" for example ? It seems to be 2 types of models, type I and type II but I don't find any details about that...

Please if you have any issue...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Please refer to ug471 (7-series selectio user guide), page 74 to 84. You can find details about all different types of SSTL standards.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The termination style (class-I & class-II) required is based on the DDR memory application.

SSTL18 is defined by the JEDEC standard JESD8-15, and is used for DDR2 SDRAM memory interfaces.

The class-I driver can only be used in unidirectional topologies (no bidirectional support).

The class-II driver can be used for both for bidirectional and unidirectional signaling. For some topologies (such as short, point-to-point interfaces), the class-I driver can result in reduced overshoot and better signal integrity.

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos