UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor trivo5k
Visitor

IODELAYE1 in Virtex-6

Hi,

I instantiate an IODELAYE1 for Virtex-6. I use X_IODELAYE1.v and IODELAYE1.v for simulation. Both gave the same result.

IDELAY_TYPE is "VAR_LOADABLE", REFCKF_FREQUENCY is 200.0 (default value)

If I set CNTVALUEIN to be 31 (highest tap) then I get the DATAOUT delay of 2.5 ns (should it be 5 ns instead?). If I set

CNTVALUEIN to be 15, then the DATAOUT delay is 1.3 ns (should it be 2.5 ns instead?)

Are those delay correct? If so, where do these numbers come from?

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: IODELAYE1 in Virtex-6

Yes, the delays in simulation are correct. The numbers come from the data sheet (see delay resolution in the red rectangle in the snapshot below).

ScreenHunter_157.jpg

@trivo5k wrote:

Hi,

I instantiate an IODELAYE1 for Virtex-6. I use X_IODELAYE1.v and IODELAYE1.v for simulation. Both gave the same result.

IDELAY_TYPE is "VAR_LOADABLE", REFCKF_FREQUENCY is 200.0 (default value)

If I set CNTVALUEIN to be 31 (highest tap) then I get the DATAOUT delay of 2.5 ns (should it be 5 ns instead?). If I set

CNTVALUEIN to be 15, then the DATAOUT delay is 1.3 ns (should it be 2.5 ns instead?)

Are those delay correct? If so, where do these numbers come from?

Regards,

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos