UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor sudhirnaik
Visitor

OBUFDS at 500MHz

I am using xc5vlx30 fpga. I have a 500MHz clock out of a pll  and driving a OSERDES (8:1) . The output of the OSERDES (which is effectively at 1GBps) is connected to OBUFDS to get a LVDS o/p . The LVDS o/p works perfectly for me in simulation. I also have the 500 MHz clock connected to a OBUFDS to get a LVDS clock output . But the place and route simulation shows me that the  o/p clock is not toggling ?? Am i doing something wrong here? 

There is another strange thing i noticed here. If i connect the same clock through a OBUF(as a CMOS o/p) ,it works fine. 

Also i tried the following thing

OBUFDS #(.IOSTANDARD("DEFAULT") // Specify the output I/O standard
    ) OBUFDS_A (
        .O(CLK_p), // Diff_p output (connect directly to top-level port)
       // .OB(CLK_n), // Diff_n output (connect directly to top-level port)
        .I(CLK_500M) // Buffer input
    );

I commented the  .OB o/p and ran the simulation and see that the CLK_p is toggling at 500MHz. Plz help

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor sudhirnaik
Visitor

Re: OBUFDS at 500MHz

Hi all

I just used another OSERDES (8:1) with inputs 8'b10101010 to get the clock output. But i am still curious as to what was wrong in my initial design .. any comments/suggestions would be great .thanks

0 Kudos