UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer tpaskys
Observer

Partial Reconfiguration Abort with ICAP

Jump to solution

I am using a Virtex4 FPGA; in some situations i want to abort a partial reconfiguration process to restart from zero the reconfiguration with a new bitstream. I use the ICAP interface. I read in Virtex4 configuration user guide that ICAP is similar to Select MAP interface. In Select MAP i can abort the configuration by de-assert WRITE signal while CS signal is asserted, so WRITE=1 and CE=0; then abort sequence lasts four clock periods.

For ICAP interface is it the same? I de-assert WRITE signal while CE signal is asserted, then wait  4 clocks and then de assert CE, so i can restart the reconfiguration process nomally?

PT

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: Partial Reconfiguration Abort with ICAP

Jump to solution

t,

ICAP is a 2:1 mux, basically.  So, whatever you can do externally, you should also be able to do internally.  Remember that there is only one configuration interface, so if you need JTAG for Chipscope, etc. ICAP may be blocked, and not respond.  The same is true if you have two designs that both need ICAP:  you will need to modify your design to manage access to the ICAP -- ICAP is not smart enough to do it for you.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: Partial Reconfiguration Abort with ICAP

Jump to solution

t,

ICAP is a 2:1 mux, basically.  So, whatever you can do externally, you should also be able to do internally.  Remember that there is only one configuration interface, so if you need JTAG for Chipscope, etc. ICAP may be blocked, and not respond.  The same is true if you have two designs that both need ICAP:  you will need to modify your design to manage access to the ICAP -- ICAP is not smart enough to do it for you.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos