UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor subhaz2552
Visitor

Problem with constraining IO standard

Hi,

I am using Xilinx ISE 10.1i web pack edition. My design requires that the IO standard of the pins coming in and out of FPGA should be of type LVCMOS 3.3 V.  I used PACE feature of Xilinx ISE to assign the IO standard. But whenever my logic drives a high, the output pins only reach 2.5 volts max. But whenever an input signal which is 3.3 volts is taken into FPGA and brought out it has a proper voltage value. I have not used any service pack. Can someone please suggest me a solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Problem with constraining IO standard

You should likely be using service pack 3 for 10.1 (10.1.03);

http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.htm

But I wouldn't expect that to change this situation.

1) How did you measure the voltage (DVM, oscilloscope, etc.)?

2) Did you use the same I/O pin for the output in the 2 test cases?

3) What is the I/O voltage (Vcco) of the banks used for the outputs?

4) What is the load seen by the output, e.g. testpoint, another IC, pull-down resistor, some combination, etc.

The most common cause of this is using an output in a bank with a Vcco of 2.5V. The I/O standard of LVCMOS33 can't fix this.

bt

0 Kudos