UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer giorgio.lopez
Observer

Scrubbing via JTAG on commercial Virtex 5

Hello,

I'm reading XAPP 1088 about correcting SEUs on Virtex 4. It appears to me that the Application Note only refers to scrubbing on SelectMAP interface.

Now, I should perform scrubbing on a Virtex 5 FX130T device which is only connected via JTAG (in a daisy chain to both impact on a host PC and a ROM holding the original bitstream). Is it possible to perform scrubbing over JTAG?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: Scrubbing via JTAG on commercial Virtex 5

@giorgio.lopez Yes it is possible.

The fundamentals of implementation are the same for all interfaces with JTAG.

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer giorgio.lopez
Observer

But what is the procedure? I can't seem to find any documentation. Moreover, it looks like with the procedure explained in XAPP 1088 you can perform scrubbing without interrupting functionality of the user design, while I think that using JTAG does.

0 Kudos
Observer giorgio.lopez
Observer

Am I misunderstanding something? Thanks a lot

0 Kudos