UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer bjasionowski
Observer

Simulation and Implementation of System Monitor on Virtex 5

I am trying to simulate the system monitor for my Virtex 5 design so I can measure the temperature, Vccaux, and Vccint.

The HDL simulation appears to behave correctly, although I don't understand the values reported since the temperature, vccaux, and vccint all report the same value since do_out only changes once for all 3 values. This can't be correct, but I assume it had something to do with the simulation capability.

I am using the sequencer to step through those outputs and calibration, hence channels 8, 0, 1, and 2 are cycled.

I tried implementing my design and all the values appear to be wrong. The core voltage binary values are 0 and the temperature says something like 120 C after I run the binary word through the calculator. If I monitor the values through chipscope they seem more in line. I removed the heatsink to observe a spike in temperature. I saw the temp rise using chipscope, but the value being reported by the sysmon core was pretty much constant, so I think something isnt' right.

Any thoughts?

sysmon.png
0 Kudos