cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

V5 FPGA configuration from platformflash XCF16P

Hi, I am planning to use XCF16P for configuring my XC5VLX30T FPGA. I have 2 requirements: 1. During initial stage of project PROM should be programmable from JTAG to change the design. 2. Later on the same board will be used with a preloaded (once programmed) PROM with the final revision of the design. This board will undergo power recycling and no JTAG interface will be connected(i.e NO PC). I plan to use Master select MAP .I have designed the circuit as given in the userguide of PROM for selectMAP mode. The done pin is pulled up and buffered(74LS00) and then used for generating reset for user logic. we will have 2.5V supplying the PROM's VCCint and VCCJ and VCCO_0 of FPGA. The 2.5 V supply will also be connected to VCCJ pin of Cable4. TMS and TCK are connected to both FPGA and PROM. TDI of connector goes to TDI of PROM then TDO of PROm goes to TDI of FPGA TDO of FPGA goes to TDO of connector. other connections are as per the userguide. regards
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

No replies yet. Please help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

What information do you need that is not found in UG191?  Please be specific whenever possible.

Have you read the New Users Forum README thread?  There are some useful links, information, and duggestions.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

1.What i want to know is for the above two requirements whether the circuit is sufficient or do we need some additional circuit.

2.We did not find the values for the parameters given in fig 1-4 Device powerup timing.

3.Can you please explain the sequence of operation with respect to the connections shown in MasterselectMap configuration.

regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

1.What i want to know is for the above two requirements whether the circuit is sufficient or do we need some additional circuit.

Your circuit description is incomplete.  Suggest you post a board schematic which describes the configuration (including JTAG) logic on your board.

2.We did not find the values for the parameters given in fig 1-4 Device powerup timing.

You will find the specifications in the Virtex-5 datasheet (DS202).  See Table 70.

3. Can you please explain the sequence of operation with respect to the connections shown in MasterselectMap configuration.

I do not understand your request.  Can you be more specific?

Have you read the SelectMap section in Chapter 2 of UG191, including Figures 2-14 through 2-18?

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos