cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Virtex-6 PROGRAM_B to INIT_B timing

What is the timing relationship between PROGRAM_B going low and INIT_B going low?

--Brad

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

Re: Virtex-6 PROGRAM_B to INIT_B timing

Some time (unspecified) after PROGRAM_B is asserted LOW, INIT_B will be forced LOW.  INIT_B will remain LOW until some time after PROGRAM_B is de-asserted HIGH.

Other than a minimum (LOW) pulse width for PROGRAM_B (DS152, Table 59), I don't see a spec for min or max delay from PROGRAM_B (LOW) to INIT_B (LOW) in either DS152 or UG360.  There is a spec (TPL) for PROGAM_B (HIGH) to INIT_B (HIGH): 5mS (max).

You may need to open a webcase to get the specification you need (if available) from Xilinx tech support.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Brad,

Such timing is typically not characterized, as it is unimportant.  Why do you need it?  What is it you are trying to do?

If you are trying to program the part using a microprocessor, and rather than looking at the INIT_b pin to see that the device is ready, you just wish to do a simple wait:  do not do that!  Always verify the next step, and never use a default wait instead of looking to see if the device is ready.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Apologies for butting in, but shouldn't there be some sort of absolute worst-case time to permit setting up a watchdog or similar exception handling?

------------------------------------------
"If it don't work in simulation, it won't work on the board."