UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie lalithya

Virtex4QV FX60 unused Rocket IO pins

Hi

I am currently designing a board using virtex4 fx60. I will not be using Rocket IO transceivers in my design. I have the following doubts related to the unused rocket IOs pin. 

1. There are some guidelines (in the rocket IO user guide, ug076) recommending some of the pins to be connected to 1.2V and some to 2.5V. Can I connect them to  VCCINT and VCCAUX respectively? Or do I need a supply Isolated from VCCINT and VCCAUX.

2. Do I need to bypass the supply at the pins?

3. What would be the supply current on 1.2V and 2.5V. Typical current values are mentioned for the commercial part (dc and switching characteristics datasheet) and not for the space grade version. What would be typical Values for space grade component?

4. The pins RTERM and MGTVREF are recommended to be left open (suggested not to connect in case of commercial or industrial). For space grade component, can these pins be left open?

Any help regarding the above is appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Virtex4QV FX60 unused Rocket IO pins

@lalithya We don't discuss Space Grade queries on Forum. 

Please contact Austin Lesea austin@xilinx.com and he will be able to help you. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos