UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie saslan

Hello

I am new w/V5. I am using XUPV5 board. I have an ADC 12-bit LVDS and 12-Bit LVDS DAC. There are only 16 LVDS pins on Virtex-5. I want to use 12 LVDS pins for ADC but I have only 4 LVDS for DAC. Is it possible to transmit the data to DAC using different connectors (ie SMA) ? Thanks

Sam   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

Re: XUPV5

Jump to solution

saslan wrote:

Hello

. There are only 16 LVDS pins on Virtex-5.

Sam   

Not true at all -- RTFM.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

Jump to solution

saslan wrote:

Hello

. There are only 16 LVDS pins on Virtex-5.

Sam   

Not true at all -- RTFM.

0 Kudos
Newbie saslan

Jump to solution

thanks for the reply. I am using XC5VLX110T educational platform and manual says there are 16 LVDS-capable differential pairs. I used these input and output (8 for ADC and 8 for DAC). If there are any other way to increase this number I would appreciate the help. Thanks

Sam 

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

Jump to solution

saslan wrote:

thanks for the reply. I am using XC5VLX110T educational platform and manual says there are 16 LVDS-capable differential pairs. I used these input and output (8 for ADC and 8 for DAC).

Oh, you said, "There are only 16 LVDS pins on Virtex-5," and the device certainly supports more. It's the board with the limitations. You really need to make this distinction.

If there are any other way to increase this number I would appreciate the help. Thanks

Sam 

Without any docs for the board in front of my, my guess is that you need a board that supports more differential pairs brought to pins.

0 Kudos
Newbie saslan

Jump to solution
0 Kudos