cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hello

I am new w/V5. I am using XUPV5 board. I have an ADC 12-bit LVDS and 12-Bit LVDS DAC. There are only 16 LVDS pins on Virtex-5. I want to use 12 LVDS pins for ADC but I have only 4 LVDS for DAC. Is it possible to transmit the data to DAC using different connectors (ie SMA) ? Thanks

Sam   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

saslan wrote:

Hello

. There are only 16 LVDS pins on Virtex-5.

Sam   

Not true at all -- RTFM.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

saslan wrote:

Hello

. There are only 16 LVDS pins on Virtex-5.

Sam   

Not true at all -- RTFM.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

thanks for the reply. I am using XC5VLX110T educational platform and manual says there are 16 LVDS-capable differential pairs. I used these input and output (8 for ADC and 8 for DAC). If there are any other way to increase this number I would appreciate the help. Thanks

Sam 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

saslan wrote:

thanks for the reply. I am using XC5VLX110T educational platform and manual says there are 16 LVDS-capable differential pairs. I used these input and output (8 for ADC and 8 for DAC).

Oh, you said, "There are only 16 LVDS pins on Virtex-5," and the device certainly supports more. It's the board with the limitations. You really need to make this distinction.

If there are any other way to increase this number I would appreciate the help. Thanks

Sam 

Without any docs for the board in front of my, my guess is that you need a board that supports more differential pairs brought to pins.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
0 Kudos