UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie psbrown

boundary scan length error

I am attempting to use the ScanWorks boundary scan software from Asset Intertech to test a board with an XC5VLX30T-1FF323I.  Using iMPACT, the chain functions normally.  I can talk to all of the devices and even program the attached flash on the FPGA.  ScanWorks can read the IDCODE of all devices in the chain including the FPGA.  However, the next thing it checks is the boundary scan length which does not report the same value that's expected from the bsdl, so the test fails.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: boundary scan length error

Have you contacted ASSET InterTech support and asked them?

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Newbie psbrown

Yes, I am in contact with Asset support.  They mentioned there are some quirks with the XC5 family bsdl, but so far my board is designed per their recommendations.  Does iMPACT look at the scan length of the devices when it initializes the chain?  The bsdl file says the scan length of my part is 1265.  What could cause an incorrect scan length error?  I've been testing the board, and it is fully functional.  Is there some configuration pin that interferes with boundary scan operation?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The iMPACT tool is only concerned about the length of the TAP controller Instruction Register for each device and does not execute any IO test commands.

The issue here is really with the way that the Asset InterTech ScanWorks tool is interperting the BSDL file and executing JTAG commands and since they know their tool the best they should be able to best help you.   

------Have you tried typing your question into Google? If not you should before posting.
Too many results? Try adding site:www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Visitor onoratob
Visitor

Using a different boundary scan tool I am experiencing a problem with the BOUNDARY_LENGTH of a XC5VLX220T_1738. IP - What was the resolution?

Thanks! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos