UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

differential in virtex 5

Hi

i had been working on a cutomized board of Virtex 5

among many other one input is LVDS . previously i had been terminating it in the FPGA using DIFF_TERM=TRUE in ucf

but now the bord is modified by placing termination resistance on board

i have removed the above command from ucf

but the program is not working properly but if i remove the module running on LVDS input the rest of the program starts working what could be probably wrong or what should be done to resolvethe issue

best regrds

uzmeed

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: differential in virtex 5

Hi,

What do you mean by "the program is not working properly"? are you facing issue on hardware board or on software? and what issue are you facing?

Thanks,
Shreyas
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in right) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Virtex-5 FPGA User Guide ( ver5.4, 13334 KB ) [PDF]  

The Virtex®-5 FPGA User Guide includes chapters on clocking resources, clock management technology, phase-locked loops, block RAM, Configurable Logic Blocks (CLBs), SelectIO™ resources, and SelectIO logic resources.
Design File(s)
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi aher

I mean to say that program is behaving not exactly the same as it used to before the modifications

to me the modification are of very small like the clocjk pin shifter from local to global clock pin

and the termination of LVDS which we used to do by ucf is done by placing the resistors on PCB

still the behaviour is not same

regards

uzmeed

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

@uzmeed Can you give a try with below constraint in ucf?

DIFF_TERM=FALSE 

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

HI

I will try it again but i did it

it dint work

0 Kudos