UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer jahogan
Observer

SelectMAP x8

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am attempting to perform the configuration status register readback sequence for a V6 device over the SelectMAP x8 interface.  The steps I'm following are outlined in Table 7-1 of UG360.

My design uses partial reconfiguration, which works as expected prior to reading the status register.  I am able to read the status register once, but afterwards neither subsequent status reads nor full/partial reconfiguration have any effect.  It's as if the SelectMAP interface is no longer responding to the command inputs. During a second read of the status register, the BUSY signal stays high and no data is available on the data pins.

The -g persist:yes flags are set during bitstream generation, so I expect the configuration interface to remain active.

What would cause the configuration interface to become unresponsive after reading the status register?

Thanks,

J

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer jahogan
Observer

Re: SelectMAP x8

Jump to solution

I solved the inability to read the status register multiple times by playing around with the clocking.  I found that when changing the interface from read to write, if I followed the sequence

deassert CSI_B -> cycle CCLK -> set RDWR_B -> cycle CCLK -> assert CSI_B -> cycle CCLK

the data transmission became out of sync by one byte, causing the subsequent desync command to be missed.  It appears that CSI_B and RDWR_B changes are synchronous to the same clock edge, and that changing them on different clock cycles causes a problem.

The sequence that worked was:

deassert CSI_B -> set RDWR_B -> cycle CCLK -> assert CSI_B

Then clock through the DOUT_BUSY latency and the data is available.

J

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Observer jahogan
Observer

Jump to solution

I solved the inability to read the status register multiple times by playing around with the clocking.  I found that when changing the interface from read to write, if I followed the sequence

deassert CSI_B -> cycle CCLK -> set RDWR_B -> cycle CCLK -> assert CSI_B -> cycle CCLK

the data transmission became out of sync by one byte, causing the subsequent desync command to be missed.  It appears that CSI_B and RDWR_B changes are synchronous to the same clock edge, and that changing them on different clock cycles causes a problem.

The sequence that worked was:

deassert CSI_B -> set RDWR_B -> cycle CCLK -> assert CSI_B

Then clock through the DOUT_BUSY latency and the data is available.

J

0 Kudos
Newbie zhujf

Jump to solution

Hello, J

I am attempting to perform the configuration status register readback sequence for a V5 device over the SelectMAP x8 interface. The steps I'm following are outlined in Table 7-1 of UG191. The readback clock is 10MHz. But the readback 32bit word is "FFFFFFFF", which is error.  I have read the status register by iMPACT. the status value is correct.  can you give me some suggestion for the problem?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos