UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Virtex-6 SecMon VAUX Monitoring

I know SecMon monitors Vccint and Vccaux, and I see in the user_opt file the upper/lower bounds that I can set for them to trigger the Voltage Alarm.  Does the SecMon wrapper for SysMon monitor the VAUX levels for the user and trigger an alarm outside of a certain range? Or do I need to write logic to read the DRP to check the VAUX levels myself? 

I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions
Visitor

Re: Virtex-6 SecMon VAUX Monitoring

Hello @pthakare

I appreciate your reply, and am aware System Monitor does not handle trigger values, I was wondering whether Security Monitor does. It doesn't sound like SecMon does anything but allow access to the System Monitor signals based on the way UG754's Scope section, bullet 1 on page 6.

Thanks,

Chris

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hi @belmontec

There is no provision in the system management wizard v2.0 or even latest version to add the upper and lower trigger values for external analog inputs (VUAX).

secmon.PNG

As you said alternative here is to read the VAUX  measurement registers and add glue logic in the design to check the Vaux levels.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply if you have any further queries around this, Give Kudos and Accept as solution if you get one

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visitor

Hello @pthakare

I appreciate your reply, and am aware System Monitor does not handle trigger values, I was wondering whether Security Monitor does. It doesn't sound like SecMon does anything but allow access to the System Monitor signals based on the way UG754's Scope section, bullet 1 on page 6.

Thanks,

Chris

Virtex-6 SecMon VAUX Monitoring

Accepted Solution Solved