UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

error in receiving group mac address messages in ethernet with temac

Jump to solution

i am communicating with PC and vertex 5 Temac.mac address of the pc has been set as 01:02:03:04:05:06.as this is a group address i.e multicast address,i am not able to receive the data in PCB.if change the MAC address to 00:02:03:04:05:06 i am able to receive the data.i tried puting the  mac address in general address filter also and enabling the extended multicast but no success.is there any driver code for multicat mode.

thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: error in receiving group mac address messages in ethernet with temac

Jump to solution

thank you for your reply..i got solved...i added that group mac address to one of the general address register and i enabled the multicast option..i am using the example code given by xilinx for ltemac on a custom board.thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

hi @joginder200109,

can you let us know what is IP core your using and the PCB board is it custom board or evaluation board, if the evaluation board then what is the board number and also how are the connection are made on the board .

Regards
Chandra sekhar
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

thank you for your reply..i got solved...i added that group mac address to one of the general address register and i enabled the multicast option..i am using the example code given by xilinx for ltemac on a custom board.thank you

0 Kudos