UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Visitor

place design error [DRC 23-20] Rule voilation ODELAY

Hi,

I'm using vivado 2016.2 on ubuntu. I got the following error during generation of bit stream. Suggest me how to  resolve this issue.

Place_design_error.png

Re: place design error [DRC 23-20] Rule voilation ODELAY

@maganuru,

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/7-Series-FPGAs/Kintex-7-use-of-ODELAY-block/td-p/778388

-_Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor

I didnt added any ODELAY component to my design. And I dint understood what "You'll have to re-spin the hardware with a HP bank to sue ODELAY" does this mean ?

[ Edited ]

@maganuru,

Check DATAOUT pin of ODELAY which should be connected to IOB which I believe are in HR banks. hence the error message. 

"You'll have to re-spin the hardware with a HP bank to sue ODELAY

The suggest you need to change the IO ports to HP bank.

Page 134 in below UG:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug471_7Series_SelectIO.pdf

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Kudos: 753
Solutions: 999

Hi @maganuru

From the cell name, it looks like the ODELAY cell is inside RGMII IP. As mentioned by other poster, the ODELAY's are available only in HP banks, you will have to lock the ports associated with these ODELAY's to HP IO bank.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

place design error [DRC 23-20] Rule voilation ODELAY