Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ybb
Visitor
Visitor

About OpenCV stitching module

Jump to solution

I`m trying to use stitching module in OpenCV to stitch videos. I do it well on my PC with about 23 FPS. However, when I move my program to my board, the FPS become about 0.7. It seems the program in my PC use OpenCL, while my board not. How can I deal with it? Do the OpenCV in the board originally not compiles with OpenCL? Also, there is no libOpenCL.so in my board. Should I compile one? How can I cross compile it and OpenCV with cmake?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wenchen

Hi @ybb 

The Vision Library is kind of that lib to implement the OpenCV function on FPGA as hardware accelerators. If you use the ps A53 core to run OpenCV, make sure that you're not interested in using the HLS synthesizable subset of OpenCV but the full 2.4.8 OpenCV using the ARM as a CPU (no real-time requirements).

Please follow this guide to install OpenCV on ARM. Note that please use C++ instead of OpenCL.

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842363/OpenCV+Installation#OpenCVInstallation-InstallOpenCVonARM

Wen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

**~ Got a minute? Answer our Vitis HLS survey here! ~**

如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
yangc
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Which board and software version do you use? Do you use the Vitis library https://github.com/Xilinx/Vitis_Libraries/tree/master/vision/L2 ?

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
ybb
Visitor
Visitor

I dont use it. I use ZCU102 and vitis 2020.1.

0 Kudos
ybb
Visitor
Visitor

I just use OpenCV without vitis_libraries.

0 Kudos
yangc
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Does the application run on Linux OS? It's more like an embedded issue that set up your environment(kernel,,etc) correctly. Xilinx recommends using Vitis library to accelerate your application. 

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
ybb
Visitor
Visitor

Yes, but the FPGA source is not enough, so I have to use PS to speed up my program. You mean, if I set my environment correctly, then the OpenCV program will be accelerated by OpenCL?

0 Kudos
wenchen

Hi @ybb 

The Vision Library is kind of that lib to implement the OpenCV function on FPGA as hardware accelerators. If you use the ps A53 core to run OpenCV, make sure that you're not interested in using the HLS synthesizable subset of OpenCV but the full 2.4.8 OpenCV using the ARM as a CPU (no real-time requirements).

Please follow this guide to install OpenCV on ARM. Note that please use C++ instead of OpenCL.

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842363/OpenCV+Installation#OpenCVInstallation-InstallOpenCVonARM

Wen

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

**~ Got a minute? Answer our Vitis HLS survey here! ~**

如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos