Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Cannot generate EXT4 sd_card image, Hardware build error in Vitis

Jump to solution

Hello I am following a tutorial from Hackster.io,  "https://www.hackster.io/news/microzed-chronicles-vitis-sw-platform-fd3921137bcf. " In the last step where build configuration is done, for Software Emulation when I build project, I am getting this error,"Cannot generate EXT4 sd_card image." Also for Hardware build I am getting same error along with some more errors like,"Cannot read file: <Vitis_platform>/boot/zynqmp_fsbl.elf," whereas the zynqmp_fsbl.elf is present in some other folder. I have followed the same linux.bif (with location of zynqmp_fsbl.elf) file as mentioned in tutorial, and even after placing this file under <Vitis_platform>/boot/zynqmp_fsbl.elf, the error is repeating. I am attaching the Console log for both software Emulation (soft) and Hardware build (hard).

I have also attached the screenshot of makefile, with command on line no.104 causing the error in both cases.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Nitin Kumar

Screenshot.png
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

I got the SD Card Image, after creating the platform while providing links to various linux files and directories (.bif file, boot directory etc), one need to provide link to rootfs directory also, this was not required in previous version of Vitis/vivado, but in 2020.1 ver it is required.

While creating the platform, several linux files are generated along with rootfs.cpio or root.cpio.gz(gunzip to get root.cpio), one has to provide the link to this folder to get the SD Card image generated.

Kindly correct me if I am wrong in any of the steps above.

Regards

Nitin Kumar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

One of the Vitis problems that made me come back to SDK and stay productive until they make something worth to use it, in all honesty.

Highlighted
Participant
Participant

I saw your posts @archangel-lightworks regarding similar issue, I don't think you got any solution. 

Anyone from Xilinx, can you comment on this please? 

Regards

Nitin Kumar

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

I got the SD Card Image, after creating the platform while providing links to various linux files and directories (.bif file, boot directory etc), one need to provide link to rootfs directory also, this was not required in previous version of Vitis/vivado, but in 2020.1 ver it is required.

While creating the platform, several linux files are generated along with rootfs.cpio or root.cpio.gz(gunzip to get root.cpio), one has to provide the link to this folder to get the SD Card image generated.

Kindly correct me if I am wrong in any of the steps above.

Regards

Nitin Kumar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos