Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s.corda
Participant
Participant

Controlling Vivado Implementation in Xilinx Vitis

Hi,
I have some questions about controlling the Vivado implementation in Xilinx Vitis:
1)I would like to know how to specify in Xilinx Vitis (using a configuration file during the linking process) a different directive for the phys-opt-design during post-place and post-route.

prop=run.impl_1.STEPS.PHYS_OPT_DESIGN.IS_ENABLED=true
prop=run.impl_1.STEPS.PHYS_OPT_DESIGN.ARGS.DIRECTIVE=Explore

Given the properties specified above, I cannot see if this is applied to the post-route or the post-place phase. The post-place has more directives options, e.g. what happen at post-route phase if I select AlternateReplication (only available at post-place)?
I have the same issue for enabling the power_opt_design before place and after post-place.

2) How can I specify multiple implementations run in the same .cfg file? Is it sufficient to write impl_1, impl_2 etc.?

3)The commands are shown below also run the Default one. How can I disable the Default implementation?

impl.strategies=ALL
impl.strategies=PerformanceExplore

4) Is there a guide to use the incremental implementation in Vitis, or is it easier to do it directly in Vivado?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
hongh

1) You can just try to enable the different steps in Vivado and check the tcl command printed in TCL CONSOLE.

Ex:For post route phys_opt:  POST_ROUTE_PHYS_OPT_DESIGN

You can check the log in the generated Vivado project to see whether the settings takes effect.

2). Example cfg:

[vivado]
impl.strategies=Performance_Explore,Area_Explore

3)It looks you cannot skip the default strategy run.

4). You can just add the below command in TCL.PRE of place_design.

read_checkpoint -incremental XX.dcp 

(For the detailed info, please refer to UG904)

3)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos