Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Create Unified Software Platform with Vivado 2019.1

Jump to solution

Traditionally when trying to edit the PS logic in Xilinx SDK for Vivado 2019.1, you'd go to:

File --> Export Hardware --> Include Bitsream

Then:

File --> Launch SDK

Then the SDK would show up, so you can edit main.c to your hearts content--all while "xparameters.h" in Xilinx SDK, would reflect the exact same Address Editor generated by the Block Diagram window in the PL. However, I can't even get Vitis SDK to export my hw source correctly. And as far as I know, for 2019.1 Vivado, I never needed to create the xsa/dsa (just needed to export hardware, include the .bit file properly and open xil sdk). Where is this xsa/dsa file generated once the hardware is exported properly in Vivado? To the left, you'll see nothing under the hw source folder:

pls halppls halp

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello!

The exported hw design should be in main folder of your vivado design. Also if you can't find it try writing something like this in tcl console: "write_hw_platform -include_bit /some/location/on/harddrive/name.xsa"

And then launch vitis and create new platform project from that generated  .xsa file

PS. If you are trying to make platform for Vitis from vivado 2019.1 I dont think that possible because of changed software technology. Vitis should have included vivado 2019.2.

You could try to write_tcl from your Vivado2019.1 project and update it to 2019.2 and then use new .xsa in Vitis

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello!

The exported hw design should be in main folder of your vivado design. Also if you can't find it try writing something like this in tcl console: "write_hw_platform -include_bit /some/location/on/harddrive/name.xsa"

And then launch vitis and create new platform project from that generated  .xsa file

PS. If you are trying to make platform for Vitis from vivado 2019.1 I dont think that possible because of changed software technology. Vitis should have included vivado 2019.2.

You could try to write_tcl from your Vivado2019.1 project and update it to 2019.2 and then use new .xsa in Vitis

View solution in original post