cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nimix

Does Vitis support headless build?

Hello.

Does Vitis support headless build like old SDK?

I tried to clean all using it and get string like this:

buildplatform.bat -1 platform clean

Eclipse couldn't define xsdb port and operation failed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ckllee168
Visitor
Visitor

I like to know about this too. Do Vitis support headless build?

Mark
Observer
Observer

This still isn't supported.

Spent an hour trying to call vitis with headless build eclipse arguments and calling eclipse with the Xilinx jre - all to no avail.

vitis -workspace /my-area/mb-test-app -eclipseargs -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data "./" -importAll "./" -build "test_app"

and 

/opt/Xilinx/Vitis/2020.2/eclipse/lnx64.o/eclipse -vm /opt/Xilinx/Vitis/2020.2/tps/lnx64/jre11.0.2/bin/java -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data "./" -importAll "./" -build "test_app"

I used all the different options avail to eclipse to no avail.  This just doesn't work.

0 Kudos
pvempati
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Mark @nimix @ckllee168 ,

Yes in Vitis, we are supporting the headless build. For this we have implemented a commanline interface called XSCT(Xilinx software commandline Tool). 

With this you can create the projects, build the projects, and can do debugging as well. The complete information about this XSCT is mentioned in below UG.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2020_1/ug1400-vitis-embedded.pdf 

Check for the XSCT section for command line handing.