cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcc3
Adventurer
Adventurer

Error Message Building reVision Getting Started Example in SDx 2018.3

I have been working with the examples in the reVision Getting Started Guide 2018.3 (UG1265) located here https://github.com/Xilinx/reVISION-Getting-Started-Guide. I have previously built the project on my machine and had it working, made modifications and have them work too.  However, now when I build the project I get some warnings in SDx (no errors - the project still builds) and when I run the project files on the SD card I get errors related to the DMA.

The warnings in SDx are:

Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
'complex' defined as a struct template here but previously declared as a class template [-Wmismatched-tags]	Release	/filter2d	line 89, external location: /tools/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/include/ap_fixed_special.h	C/C++ Problem
'complex' defined as a struct template here but previously declared as a class template [-Wmismatched-tags]	Release	/filter2d	line 89, external location: /tools/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/include/ap_int_special.h	C/C++ Problem
DMAnalysis 83-4492: Unable to determine the memory attributes passed to filter of function w1_xf_filter2D at /home/irislab/Desktop/zcu104-rv-ss-2018-3/workspaces/filter2d/src/filter2d_sds.cpp:173, please use mem_attribute pragma to specify	Release	/filter2d	 	C/C++ Problem
enum constant in boolean context [-Wint-in-bool-context]	Release	/filter2d	line 2140, external location: /tools/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/include/etc/ap_private.h	C/C++ Problem
VPL 17-301: Failed to get a license for 'ap_opencl'. Explanation: The license feature ap_opencl could not be found.	Release	/filter2d	 	C/C++ Problem

The errors when running the project on the board are:

ERROR: DMASG dma failed to register device
Failed to register accelerator device @a0040000, Aborting

I tried to investigate the warning related to the ap_opencl license (I don't recall this being there before).  When looking in the license manager I find that even though the licenses are all shown to not have expired I'm getting 'No' on several Host ID matches as shown below:

license_manager.png

Would this be causing the warning and thus the ultimate error? If so would anyone know how to resolve the issue?  Thanks!

In case it helps, my setup is the following:

SDx 2018.3

Ubuntu 18.04

ZCU104 board

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nutang

Hi @dcc3 

Please let me know if the previously built project was also with 2018.3.

Because from 2018.3 onwards OCL support was removed.

Best Regards,
Nutan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
0 Kudos
dcc3
Adventurer
Adventurer

Nutan,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, the previously working project was also built in 2018.3 on the same machine.  I'm sure of this since this was a new machine and I installed 2018.3 specificially to begin working with the reVision stack.

0 Kudos
dcc3
Adventurer
Adventurer

@nutang 

I have tried two options and still get the same errors:

1. Repulling the reVision getting started repo and rebuilding the project from scratch.  Same errors.

2. Going to license manager and re-downloading/loading the SDSoC license.

Both solutions produced the same errors in SDx and while running the project on the 104 board.

I received a voucher with the board and activated it in Sept. 2019.  Do the licenses from vouchers expire?

Thanks!

0 Kudos