cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goahead97
Participant
Participant

How do I get rid of "ERROR: [v++ 60-602] Source file does not exist: /media/x/forVitis/workspace_1/vadd_system_hw_link/Emulation-HW/binary_container_1.xclbin" while building Emulation-HW?

Hello

When I try to build the project "Emulation-HW" for the  example "vadd_system" in Xilinx Vitis IDE v2020.2.0 (64-bit), I get the following error:

ERROR: [v++ 60-602] Source file does not exist: /media/x/forVitis/workspace_1/vadd_system_hw_link/Emulation-HW/binary_container_1.xclbin

You can find in attachment the content of the folder /media/x/forVitis/workspace_1/vadd_system_hw_link/Emulation-HW

How do I get rid of this error?

Thanks

Emulation_HW.png
Source file does not exist.png
0 Kudos
6 Replies
yangc
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

It seems you don't generate the xclbin file. Do you modify something in the project?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
goahead97
Participant
Participant

Hello

So far as I know I did not modify anything in the project yet. But may be, unknowingly, I touched something I should not.

0 Kudos
goahead97
Participant
Participant

I just created a new project. This time I called it vadd2. I tried to build it in Emulation-HW configuration again and I got the same error once again.

ERROR: [v++ 60-602] Source file does not exist: /media/x/forVitis/workspace_1/vadd2_system_hw_link/Emulation-HW/binary_container_1.xclbin

error building in Emulation-HW.png
errors building in Emulation-HW configuration.png
0 Kudos
yangc
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Can you share the project? 

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
akasat
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Based on the earlier message, looks like somehow questa simulator is being used for hw_emu run. Can you double check your settings. And do you have questa/modelsim license?

ERROR: Unable to load Tcl app xilinx::modelsim.

akasat_0-1614166405214.jpeg

0 Kudos
venkatp
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Based on the console errors, its hard to suspect the root cause of the issue, it is really appreciated if you share the vivado.log and runme.log that are specified in the console. Those logs may have the more elaborated error info.

And we suspect you are using Linux OS. As an initial triage, could you try to Delete $HOME/.Xilinx/Vivado/<vivado_version>/XilinxTclStore and re-launch the Vitis and re-run the design. 

0 Kudos