cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juanea7
Visitor
Visitor

How to create a platform for Vitis acceleration with DFX (Dinamic Function eXchange) capability

Is there any document explaining how to create a platform for Vitis acceleration with DFX capability?

If there is no such document, could you explain me what differences there are in the process of creating the platform with respect to a non-DFX platform?

I have successfully created a non-DFX Vitis acceleration platform for a zynq-7000 family board, but I can't find any information on how to create the same platform with DFX capability.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Juan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
yangc
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2020_2/ug1393-vitis-application-acceleration.pdf page 564 explains the differences between these two platforms. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
juanea7
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you for your reply Yangc,

What I want to do is to run two different Vitis Acceleration applications without having to reboot Linux on a Zynq-7000 family FGPA.

To do that I need to reconfigure the entire bitstream. From what I've read on this forum (and in the link you passed me), that can only be done with a DFX capable platform (although I don't actually intend to do partial reconfiguration). Correct me if I am wrong.

The thing is that there is no DFX-capable platform available for the Zynq-7000 family and I haven't found a document or tutorial explaining how to create one (there is one for non-DFX platforms).

Could you tell me if there really is any documentation explaining how to create a DFX platform or if not, could you tell me what I have to do to create it?

Thanks and best regards,
Juan

0 Kudos