cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbriegel
Contributor
Contributor

How to set route directives in Vitis 2019.2?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Currently I use the V++ Linker Flag
"--vivado.prop run.impl_1.strategy=Performance_Explore"

how would I go about If I want to alternate a single directive for that strategy? In my case I want to set
" route_design -directive  MoreGlobalIterations "

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
syedz

@rbriegel 

Try "prop=run.impl_1.STEPS.ROUTE_DESIGN.ARGS.DIRECTIVE=MoreGlobalIterations"  

Check page 170: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2019_2/ug1393-vitis-application-acceleration.pdf#page=170

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
syedz

@rbriegel 

Try "prop=run.impl_1.STEPS.ROUTE_DESIGN.ARGS.DIRECTIVE=MoreGlobalIterations"  

Check page 170: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2019_2/ug1393-vitis-application-acceleration.pdf#page=170

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?

View solution in original post

rbriegel
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, for the prompt reply, that seems to be it!

I have another question:
Is it possible to define multiple runs with different implementation strategies as well? Or would I have to do that manually?

cheers

0 Kudos
hongh

For multiple runs exploring, you have to do it in Vivado project(generated in Vitis). 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
graces

To add, in the current Vitis release, please refer to the following for running multiple implementation strategies for timing closure:

https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2020_2/vitis_doc/buildingdevicebinary.html#wef1602451317007

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos