Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Installation of program_flash

Hi,

Prior to the introduction of Vitis, I used to install XSDK to gain access to program_flash used for flashing zynq/zynqmp targets through JTAG. Disc consumption was about 7GB, which appears an extreme overhead given that I need just the small CLI utility - I could however live with that.

Now, the Vitis web installer initially allows me to choose between Vivado and Vitis, but despite choosing Vitis, Vivado installation is forced - please refer below screenshot

Screenshot from 2019-11-08 12-33-52.png

and as a consequence I need to install ~90GB of data to gain access to program_flash tool - why am I not allowed to install Vitis without Vivado (as was the case for XSDK)?

It is obvious, that I am missing something here - what is the recommended means for program_flash installation? https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2019_2/vitis_doc/Chunk350813355.html#dxp1543754625265 describes:

"Xilinx Software Command-line Tool (XSCT) can be installed using the small self-extracting web install executable binary distribution file. The installer file bears the name Xilinx_vitis_<version>_Lin64.BIN, where <version> indicates the Vitis IDE version number."

But from where do I download this web installer allowing installation of just XSCT?

Martin

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

No response from Xilinx? There must be a better way to get hold of just program_flash...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos