Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davix
Contributor
Contributor

Profiling during hardware execution

Hi all,

I'm trying to execute a profiling of a kernel during hardware execution. I followed the guide inside the vitis documentation : https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2020_2/vitis_doc/profilingapplication.html.

In particular, the guide says that in order to enable the profiling during the execution of the kernel on the board, it is needed to add a flag option for the compilation of the kernel, and modify the xrt.ini file. I added the flag options, but i cannot find the xrt.ini file. I'm using Vitis IDE, and it should generate this file automatically, but it didn't happen. However, i tried to use the Run Configurations, in order to execute the application and the kernel on the board, but i cannot select the hw_server target, needed for the hardware execution.

Screenshot from 2021-01-15 17-21-55.png

The strange thing is that i run the hw_server is running, and also vitis is able to connect to the board.

Screenshot from 2021-01-15 17-26-03.png

How can i enable the hw_server selection in the Run Configurations?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
keanfj421ss
Participant
Participant

Hello,

Try creating a file from the text editor name it xrt.ini  and paste following into the file:

[Debug]
profile=true
Edit : Move this file to your project directory

Later on when your hardware execution files generation ends. After running with hardware, run vitis_analyzer to check the waveforms.

Hope it helps.
0 Kudos