Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

SDAccel on vc709 or custom board

Jump to solution

On this page it is said that SDAccel is supported only by three development boards of Xilinx.

I couldn.t find any information about hardware or schematechnic requirements of SDAccel implementations. For example, why I can't run SDAccel on vc709, if I can run it on ADM-PCIE-7V3 -- there are the same XC7VX690T and PCIe Gen3x, for example. 

What is missing?

Also, what I should provide on my custom board to run SDAccel?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDAccel on vc709 or custom board

Jump to solution

Please check the UG below:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_3/ug1164-sdaccel-platform-development.pdf

@alexey123 wrote:

On this page it is said that SDAccel is supported only by three development boards of Xilinx.

I couldn.t find any information about hardware or schematechnic requirements of SDAccel implementations. For example, why I can't run SDAccel on vc709, if I can run it on ADM-PCIE-7V3 -- there are the same XC7VX690T and PCIe Gen3x, for example. 

What is missing?

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Please check the UG below:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_3/ug1164-sdaccel-platform-development.pdf

@alexey123 wrote:

What is missing?

Cheers,
Jim

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi
I also have a VC709 board and I would like to explore SDAccel on this board. Has anyone managed to support the VC709 including Xilinx engineers? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution
I have faced with a problem just like you. Did you find the answer? Could you please help me too. Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

For any custom board, besides the basic board being functional and having a working PCIe link, there are additional steps required to make it into an SDAccel platform. Please see the link shared in earlier response by ywu for details. 

Amit

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

I tried to do the manual (ug1164) step by step. Unfortunately, I couldn't find out which IPs should be added to have a full required Accelerator system.

I have added:

- SDAccel OpenCL Block

- 2* AXI interconnect

- DDR3 SRAM MIG

- DMA/Bridge Subsystem for PCIe 3.0

What should I add to have a simple accelerator on my own board?

My board includes: xcku085-flva1517-3 + PCIe 3 + DDR3

Tags (1)
0 Kudos