Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

SDSoC emulation using sockets

Jump to solution

Hi 

I have created a project video processing project using SDSoC, the system runs in software with some hardware offloading.  I have used examples from other projects and the video data is passed to the ZC702 boards using sockets, over an ethernet connection using a laptop.

I am just curious if there is a solution out there to pass data to the system in emulation mode to verify its correctness?

Thanks

Steve

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Steve,

There are options in QEMU that allow you to give network access to the processor being emulated, simulating the ethernet access of the board. But none of these options are available from the GUI. You'll need to investigate how QEMU operates, gets launched, etc. in order to setup networking. These are QEMU-specific settings, not related to SDSoC. 

Sam

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Steve,

There are options in QEMU that allow you to give network access to the processor being emulated, simulating the ethernet access of the board. But none of these options are available from the GUI. You'll need to investigate how QEMU operates, gets launched, etc. in order to setup networking. These are QEMU-specific settings, not related to SDSoC. 

Sam

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi Sam

Thanks for your reply, i had a feeling it was something along those lines.  I haven't used QEMU in a while so ill have a fresh look.

Steve

0 Kudos