Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Using 512 bit length data transfer with OpenCL

Jump to solution

Hi,

I tried to customize the OpenCL Sobel example to use the 512 bit length data transfer, but I ran into this error:

"AP data type can only be used in C++"

Is it possible to do it with another method ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @xil_tour ,

There are two ways to address this problem:

1. The problem can be solved by having a structure containing an array of values and applying pragma HLS DATAPACK.

2. Reference Example: https://github.com/Xilinx/SDAccel_Examples/tree/master/getting_started/kernel_to_gmem/wide_mem_rw_ocl/

Regards,
Rajat Sarkari
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @xil_tour ,

There are two ways to address this problem:

1. The problem can be solved by having a structure containing an array of values and applying pragma HLS DATAPACK.

2. Reference Example: https://github.com/Xilinx/SDAccel_Examples/tree/master/getting_started/kernel_to_gmem/wide_mem_rw_ocl/

Regards,
Rajat Sarkari
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if the information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Oh, I thought pragmas were reserved to C++ ?

0 Kudos