Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant
Participant

Using enqueueReadBuffer with offset fails in Emulation-SW

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am still new to OpenCL Programming with SDAccel and currently experience some issues with enqueueReadBuffer.
It looks like setting the parameter "size_t offset" to anything besides zeros, e.g., when trying to chunk a large data transaction into smaller pieces, results in reading partially invalid dat (Tested in Emulation-SW)

For a minimal example I slightly modified the standard example "Vector Addition" provided by the 2018.2 SDX GUI. Please find the used files and the diffs attached. Changes:
- Kernel: Use incrementing values instead of a vector addition (makes visual debug easier)
- Host: Added defines "ORIGINAL_VERSION" and "READ_AS_A_BLOCK" to quickly change between implementations. It works with ORIGINAL_VERSION defined as well as READ_AS_A_BLOCK defined.
- Host: Use enqueueReadBuffer instead of enqueueMigrateMemObjects

When I set the buffer offset to zero and read the complete buffer it works (uncomment the #defines ORIGINAL_VERSION and READ_AS_BLOCK). As soon as the Chunking is enabled, only the first chunk (with offset zero) is read. To enable the chunking just disable the #define READ_AS_BLOCK.

A CPU-Implementation of the vadd example with Visual Studio works fine.

Any clues?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Using enqueueReadBuffer with offset

Jump to solution

This should have been fixed in 2018.3, which is scheduled to be released in Dec.

Regards,
brucey
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Jump to solution

Here comes the second part of the files (because only 6 are allowed/post)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I am looking into this. There were couple of changes that have gone through in the latest build which might have corrected this.

I will check and keep you posted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Jump to solution
Do you have any updates? Could you reproduce the errors?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

This should have been fixed in 2018.3, which is scheduled to be released in Dec.

Regards,
brucey
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Jump to solution

Hi, 

just checked with 2018.3. The bug has been fixed :)

Thanks!

0 Kudos