Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim_severance
Scholar
Scholar

Vitis 2020.1 build fails after moving project directory

Jump to solution

I was hoping somebody could help me determine how to get past this error I am seeing in Vitis 2020.1 after I move a project direcory.

I notice after doing the move and do a clean/build-all I get the an error in the command below.

make all 
Generating bif file for the system project
generate_system_bif.bat 56059 E:/F/DisplayPort1p4TxOnly_zcu102/Vitis/Platform/export/Platform/Platform.xpfm standalone_domain E:/F/DP1p4TXHDCP/DisplayPort1p4TxOnly_zcu102/Vitis/xdptxss_dp14_tx_1_system/Debug/system.bif
xpfm path is not valid
    invoked from within
"::tcf::eval -progress {apply {{msg} {puts $msg}}} {tcf_send_command tcfchan#0 xsdb eval s es {{::scw::generate_bif -xpfm E:/F/DisplayPort1p4TxOnly_zcu102/Vitis/Platform/export/Platform/Platform.xpfm -domains standalone_domain -bifpath E:/F/DP1p4TXHDCP/DisplayPort1p4TxOnly_zcu102/Vitis/xdptxss_dp14_tx_1_system/Debug/system.bif}}}"
    (procedure "::tcf::send_command" line 4)
    invoked from within
"tcf send_command $::xsdb::curchan xsdb eval s es [list "::scw::generate_bif $GENERATE_BIF_ARGS"]"
    (file "C:/Xilinx/Vitis/2020.1\scripts\vitis\util\generate_system_bif.tcl" line 25)
make: *** [makefile:38: package] Error 1

The problem seems to be in the generate_bif -xpdm XPFM_FILE_NAME because the XPFM_FILE_NAME is using the old direcory, not the updated directory.

Does anybody know where this file location can be updated?   I can't seem to find a setting anywhere to update this.

Thanks.

Tim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tim_severance
Scholar
Scholar

@kmorris Thanks for the hint.   I double clicked on the file shown below and just that action caused the platform location to update in the text file and then I got a successful clean/compile without errors.

foo1.png

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
kmorris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @tim_severance, could you describe what was moved? Was it the entire workspace, or the platform project within the workspace?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution!
tim_severance
Scholar
Scholar

@kmorris ,

I moved the entire project including my Vivado project files.  
Tim

0 Kudos
kmorris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Could you double check your platform for your application project? If you open your *.prj file, can you check the Platform entry and see that the platform you are using is still found? Based on the '.xpfm path not valid' message, I am curious to see if the application can still see the appropriate location of the files.

If everything looks good and you still get the error, would it be possible to archive the workspace and attach it for us to try to reproduce locally?

tim_severance
Scholar
Scholar

@kmorris it does appear that there is an issue in the app.prj file.   I have attached an image of it below.   The platform="" is incorrect.

foo1.png

Should this automatically update?

Tim

0 Kudos
kmorris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Could you open this file in the GUI instead of a text editor? If the location isn't valid I would expect that a pop up would be shown asking you to swap to a valid platform. If the .prj file opens normally, you can also just manually change the platform from the GUI to the location you moved it to, and see if the applications work.

tim_severance
Scholar
Scholar

@kmorris Thanks for the hint.   I double clicked on the file shown below and just that action caused the platform location to update in the text file and then I got a successful clean/compile without errors.

foo1.png

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos