Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freddyD777
Visitor
Visitor

Vitis missing Vivado Design Suite features

Jump to solution

I would like to be able to apply Synthesis retiming and Post-route phys_optimization to my kernels in Vitis Accel. I cannot find a way to do this through the Vitis GUI. I see that there is a way to open an implemented project from Vitis in to Vivado. And from there I can change such settings. Although I am unsure if the result in Vivado will be linked to my Vitis project.

Is there no way to do this directly in Vitis? If not, then is opening the project in Vivado the solution? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hongh

Hi, @freddyD777 ,

Below is the example link option for you:

v++ --link --vivado.prop run.impl_1.STEPS.POST_ROUTE_PHYS_OPT_DESIGN.IS_ENABLED=true
--vivado.prop run.impl_1.STEPS.POST_ROUTE_PHYS_OPT_DESIGN.ARGS.DIRECTIVE=Explore
--vivado.prop run.my_rm_synth_1.STEPS.synth_DESIGN.ARGS.RETIMING=true

The synth run name "my_rm_synth_1" may change with different shell or tool version, and you need to confirm it in the VPL generated project.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
randyh
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Have you reviewed these sections of the User Guide?

https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2021_1/vitis_doc/buildingdevicebinary.html#hnw1523048617934

You can setup Tcl script that can be run as part of the Vitis build process. You can select specific synthesis and implementation options for your design runs, or you can interactively use the VIvado tool and then use the saved results to generate the bitstream for your Vitis xclbin. 

hongh

Hi, @freddyD777 ,

Below is the example link option for you:

v++ --link --vivado.prop run.impl_1.STEPS.POST_ROUTE_PHYS_OPT_DESIGN.IS_ENABLED=true
--vivado.prop run.impl_1.STEPS.POST_ROUTE_PHYS_OPT_DESIGN.ARGS.DIRECTIVE=Explore
--vivado.prop run.my_rm_synth_1.STEPS.synth_DESIGN.ARGS.RETIMING=true

The synth run name "my_rm_synth_1" may change with different shell or tool version, and you need to confirm it in the VPL generated project.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post