Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdufourcq
Participant
Participant

XRT with OpenCL API: Execute without programming

Hi,

I'm using the example design provided with SDAccel and the Host application that goes with it (OpenCL API).

In the Host app, one of the very first steps is "Cl::Program" command which program the FPGA with the xclbin file.

I would like to skip this step as I'm managing the FPGA loading on my own.

However, I need the object returned by "Cl::Program" for the rest of the Host app code.

Is there any way to get this object without programming the FPGA?

Regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
brucey
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If you program the xclbin which is same as that used in the OpenCL API, OpenCL API will not program it again. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to do so.

Regards,
brucey
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
gdufourcq
Participant
Participant

Hi Brucey,

Thanks for your answer.

I did some tests to confirm that the design is not programmed again but I can't status. Indeed after calling the "cl::Program", I see a reset happening in the design. It can be either generated by a re-programmation or done on purpose by the function call.

Anyway, this is still an issue for me. I would like to be able to run my application binary multiple times w/o FPGA reprogramming or design reset, Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
gdufourcq
Participant
Participant

For your information, we are trying to set up a multi-channel application.
Obviously, in that case, we can't have any FPGA reset done within the app as it will impact others ones running in parallel.
0 Kudos
gdufourcq
Participant
Participant

Up!
We really need to achieve this multichannel behavior for our application!
0 Kudos
gdufourcq
Participant
Participant

Up!

0 Kudos