cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wijm02
Contributor
Contributor

XSCT: Unable to use SW acceleration templates when creating an application project

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to automate the project creation and build process by using XSCT.

When I use Vitis 2020.1, I can create a Linux-based application project by selecting the xilinx_zcu104_base_202010_1 platform and using the "Empty Application" or "Vector Addition" software acceleration template - then I can add an HLS kernel to this project (or use the Vector Addition kernel provided).

Some of the other options available in Vitis are the SW development templates, which include "Linux Empty Application" and "Linux Hello World, which I can see are for software applications that do not have a HW kernel.

When I try to create an application project using XCST, I set up my platform and workspace then use the following command:

app create -name automation_xsct -platform xilinx_zcu104_base_202010_1 -domain xrt -os linux -proc psu_cortexa53 -template "Empty Application" 

The response I get is the following:

Specified template name Empty Application is not valid for configuration. List of valid names are Linux Empty Application, Linux Hello World.

Clearly, the only two templates available are the two software development templates that I saw in Vitis. If I were to create the application project using one of these templates, I am not able to add an HLS kernel to the application.

When I try:

repo -apps                                                                                                                                                                                            

I can see that the only two applications where Linux is a supported OS are:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Linux Empty Application   ps7_cortexa9          linux     
                                      psu_cortexa53                   
                                      microblaze                      
                                      psv_cortexa72                   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Linux Hello World   ps7_cortexa9          linux     
                                      psu_cortexa53                   
                                      microblaze                      
                                      psv_cortexa72                   

The others are standalone applications or applications based on xilkernel or freertos10_xilinx.

However, if I were to try:

repo -apps xilinx_zcu104_base_202010_1    

A huge list of apps come up, that includes the "Empty Application", "Vector Addition" and a large number of HLS applications based on C++ and OpenCL kernels.

I would like to create an HLS application, so I wonder which command I must use in order to XSCT to correctly access the the software acceleration templates rather than only the software development templates.

Regards,

Marlon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes, I see this too. However, you can still do this from a makefile and invoke the compiler and linker (V++). you can see the examples in the vision library

https://github.com/Xilinx/Vitis_Libraries/tree/master/vision/L2

View solution in original post

2 Replies
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes, I see this too. However, you can still do this from a makefile and invoke the compiler and linker (V++). you can see the examples in the vision library

https://github.com/Xilinx/Vitis_Libraries/tree/master/vision/L2

View solution in original post

wijm02
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the response. I was able to successfully compile the project using a makefile.

0 Kudos